Anna guides you on making delicious oatmeal raisin sandwich cookies. Click on SHOW MORE for recipe ingredients and guide.
The ingredients and directions below is for about 3 dozen individual cookies, 18 sandwich cookies.
Ingredients for the cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup packed dark brown sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp cornstarch
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground allspice
2 ¼ cup regular rolled oats (not instant)
1 cup raisins
Ingredients for the filling:
¾ cup peanut butter
¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup icing sugar, sifted
Cooking directions for cookies:
1. For the cookies, preheat the oven to 375 F and line baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together until smooth and light. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, stir the flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, salt and allspice together. Add this to the butter mixture and stir to blend. Stir in the oats and then add the raisins. Drop the cookies by tablespoonfuls (or using a small ice cream scoop), leaving at least 2 inches between the cookies. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes (the cookies may look underdone, but will set up to be nice and chewy once cooled) and allow them to cool on the baking tray.
Cooking directions for filling:
1. To prepare the filling, beat the peanut butter, butter and icing sugar until smooth. Spread a layer of the filling one the bottom of one cookie and sandwich with a second cookie.
2. The cookies will keep for 3 days (filled or unfilled) in an airtight container.
Subscribe for more video recipes: http://goo.gl/MJV4af
Anna Olson Books:
Buy Back to Baking with Anna Olson Recipe Book on Amazon: http://amzn.to/21Cetiy
Comprar Repostería con Anna: 200 recetas dulces para compartir y disfrutar: http://amzn.to/21CeGCw
Buy Another Cup of Sugar with Anna Olson Recipe Book on Amazon: http://amzn.to/21CeFOK
Buy In The Kitchen with Anna Recipe Book on Amazon: http://amzn.to/21CeNhc
Buy Fresh with Anna Olson – Seasonally Inspired Recipes to Share with Family and Friends on Amazon: http://amzn.to/21CePFO
Buy Anna and Michael Olson Cook at Home by Anna Olson on Amazon: http://amzn.to/21CeQtE
– Follow Anna on social media:
Anna’s Official Website: http://annaolson.ca
– Follow Oh Yum on…
Official Oh Yum Website: https://ohyum.tv
Video Rating: / 5