An easy recipe for anyone who wants to make Soup at home. A wonderful skill to add to any Homemaking repertoire. Part of my “How To” Series. See the whole Series here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLucA5d6QfKku4MOIUiK5PlrWYqm5P28rh
Ham Bone Soup Recipe
1 meaty Ham bone and 1/2 cup Ham juices (leftover from a cooked bone-in ham)
8 cups Water
4-5 small Potatoes, diced (2 cups)
1 small Onion, diced (1/2 cup)
1 Carrot, diced (1 cup)
1-2 stalks Celery, diced (1 cup)
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Savory or Marjoram
1. In a large pot, bring water with ham bone and juices to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer cook ham bone in water for 3 hours. Rotate once an hour.
3. Remove bone and add vegetables to broth. Remove meat from bone and add meat back into broth.
4. Add spices.
5. Cook soup for an additional 30 min. or until all vegetables are tender.
6. Optional: Serve with Homemade bread!
WELCOME to the Homemaking Maven Daily Vlog!
Join me each week day as I Parent my 4 young Kids (8,6,3 and 6 months), Clean and Organize my home, Learn to Homeschool, Avoid Food Allergies, Make all our Meals from Scratch, Bake, Garden, Manage our Monthly Budget AND Prepare for our new Homestead (to be built Summer 2018).
Be sure to check back every Saturday. It’s Grocery Haul Day!!!
Last Week’s GROCERY HAUL: https://youtu.be/cUveQ00T9iU
**FIND ME AT**